Saturday, June 13, 2009

Captain America, Where Are You?



It's been a while since I posted on this blog. I was in the ongoing battle of transitioning from the fearless side of being a Mailhandler to crossing over to the darkside of customer services as a level 17 supervisor in southern California. Probably the most traumatic employment I've ever experienced in my life. Unfortunately I'm one of the good guys, and this new age of an undertime environment, I'm in between a rock in a hard place with upper management blasting me, employees adding to the drama, and the customers, who expect to recieve the highest level of customer service within the boundaries of excessing and no budget to make a difference. The U.S. Postal Service (USPS) previously announced a loss for the quarter ending December 31, 2008, in an 8K filed on February 9, 2009. USPS discloses that its unaudited January 2009 financial results were an estimated $5.80 billion in revenue and $6.55 billion in expenses, resulting in an estimated net loss of $751 million. This loss compares to a loss of $44 million in January 2008, which resulted from total revenue of $6.58 billion and total expenses of $6.62 billion. Mail volumes declined by over 16% in January 2009 from January 2008. The January results continue to illustrate that the downward pressure on the Postal Service business continues into 2009. Did you get all that? Well, I figured now is the time to start posting again. Where is Captain America when we need him now? I look forward to your photos and comments. uspsblog@gmail.com

No comments: